Happy New Year everyone! I hope you all are doing well and that your new year is off to a great start!
With a new year upon us, that means new year resolutions.
I’ve personally never really had a new year resolution. I have set goals for myself through out the year but I don’t complete them so they just rollover to the next year lol like rollover goals. But this year is the year I really want to accomplish goals that have been lingering so that I can start fresh with a new list. So this year, I have decided to create a list of goals I would like to accomplish.
Here are my top 5 (not in any order)
1. Blog consistently
2. More productivity & less procrastination
3. Get closer to God + Overcome anxiety & depression
4. Save more & spend less
5. Be more organized
Let’s all admit that at some point in our lives we have set a goal we would have liked to accomplish, but we either gave up because we felt it was too difficult or abandoned it. With that being said, I’ve been thinking about ways that can help keep me motivated to achieve my goals. This year, not only do I want to accomplish my goals, but I also would like to help you guys achieve yours as well.
Below I have listed some ways that have helped me in the past achieve goals and hopefully they can help you as well.
1. Set realistic goals!!! Don’t make goals to lose 10 pounds a week (not safe) or to grow your hair from shoulder length to down your back in month. Make sure your goal is realistic and that your able to achieve it in a reasonable time frame.
2. Don’t try to focus on every goal at once. This will make you feel overwhelmed and you’ll end up not accomplishing much. Anything you do for 21 days become a habit so try focusing on one or two things first then when you feel that you have that down work on another goal.
3. Create a log to track your progress. For example if your goal is to eat healthier, create a food diary. This is the way you can review what you’re eating and figure out ways you can improve your diet.
4. Reward yourself. Set mini goals within a goal. For example if you plan on eating healthier, you can start by cutting junk food out of your diet for 30 days. If you successfully complete this mini goal, then reward yourself with a little treat like going out, purchasing a new outfit etc. as long as it isn’t contradicting your goal. Don’t “reward” yourself by eating a double cheeseburger with fries and a shake as that defeats the purpose. Rewarding yourself will make you feel better about yourself and motivate you to keep going. Before you know it you’ll reach your goal in no time.
5. Most importantly…. DON’T GIVE UP! Some goals may be more difficult than others to achieve but you have to push through. If you find yourself not doing as well as you would like with accomplishing your goal don’t get discourage. If you’re making progress that’s all that matters. Keep progressing. It’ll be challenging in the beginning but remind yourself that it’ll get easier. Remember that everyone is different. It is important to not compare yourself to others who are working on the same goals as you. Everyone will progress at their own pace. Again, all that matters is that you are progressing with your goal!
So do you have any goals for the year of 2018? If so I’d like to know. You can let me know by leaving a comment down below or shooting me an email through my contact page! Also feel free to keep me updated on any progress you make through the year Let’s achieve our goals together !!
– Alexis Raven 🌸
Leave a Reply